Listed below are reference materials for additional information on Wavelength References and molecular absorption.
NIST: The National Institute for Standards and Technology publishes a wealth of information on frequency standards:
- List of Special Publications
- Special Publication 260-133 for C12 acetylene
- Special Publication 260-137 for C13 hydrogen cyanide
- Special Publication 260-146 for C12 and C13 carbon monoxide
Other sources for absorption data:
- HITRAN: a world renowned spectroscopic database located at the Harvard Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
- HITRAN online: http://hitran.org
- PNNL: the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory.
- VPL Molecular Spectroscopic Database: Contains a handy collection of gases and associated graphs of their absorption spectra – usually from HITRAN and PNNL.
- SpectraPlot: http://spectraplot.com This is a handy tool for locating HITRAN lines and simulating absorption depths online.
- Blazo, Stephen, “Combination gas cells for 900 nm to >2 microns“.
- Blazo, Stephen, “High stability ITU grid references“.
References for molecular absorption:
- Accuracy: S. Swann and S. L. Gilbert,“ Accuracy limits for simple molecular absorption based wavelength references,” Opt. Fiber Measurements, Technical Digest, 15-18 (2004).
- Acetylene, carbon-12 and -13 isotopes: K. Nakagawa, M. de Labachelerie, Y. Awaji, and M. Kourogi, “Accurate optical frequency atlas of the 1.5-μm bands of acetylene,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 13, 2708-2714 (1996).
- Acetylene, carbon-12 (included in NIST Spec. Pub. 230-133 listed above): W. C. Swann and S. L. Gilbert, “Pressure-induced shift and broadening of 1510-1540-nm acetylene wavelength calibration lines,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 17, 1263-1270 (2000).
- HCN, carbon-12 and -13 absorption lines: H. Sasada and K. Yamada, “Calibration lines of HCN in the 1.5 micron region”, Applied Optics 29, 3535-3547 (1990).
- HCN, carbon-13 (included in NIST Spec. Pub. 230-137 listed above): W. C. Swann and S. L. Gilbert, “Line centers, pressure shift, and pressure broadening of 1530-1560 nm hydrogen cyanide wavelength calibration lines,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 22, 1749-1756 (2005).
- HF, absorption lines (as referenced in HITRAN): G. Guelachvili, “Absolute wavenumber measurements of 1-0, 2-0, HF and 2-0, H35Cl, H37Cl absorption bands,” Opt. Comm. 19, 150 (1976).
- HF, pressure shift: Herget et al, “Infrared spectrum of hydrogen fluoride,” J Opt Soc Am, 521113-1119 (1962).
- For properties of optical window materials you may visit Crystran (https://www.crystran.co.uk)
Papers we are in:
- Tang Z,Liao Z,Xu F,Qi B,Qi L, Lo H-K. 2014. Experimental Demonstration of Polarization Encoding Measurement-Device-Independent Quantum Key Distribution. Phys Rev Lett. 112(19):190503-190508. online here
- Qi B, Lougovoski P, Pooser R, Grice W, Bobrek M. 2015. Generating the local oscillator “locally” in continuous-variable quantum key distribution based on coherent detection. Phys Rev X. 5(4):041009-041021. Online here: arxiv.org/pdf/1503.00662.pdf
- Yi X, Vahala K, Diddams S, Ycas G, Plavchan P, Leifer S, Sandhu J, Vasisht G, Chen P, Gao P, et al. 2016. Demonstration of a near-IR line-referenced electro-optical laser frequency comb for precision radial velocity measurements in astronomy. Nat Commun. 7(10436). (https://doi.org/10.1038/ncomms10436)